Welcome to Robert Aronson's movie review site! The title pretty much says most of it, folks. If there's any objectivity here then it's not on purpose. The goal is to casually watch non-documentary films and then tell the world my personal opinion of them (at length).

Here's some additional info you might want to keep in mind:

> I'll only rarely review stuff in theaters. I'm too poor for much theater visiting. But I'll rent as soon as I can.

> I'm a conservative Christian (specifically a Messi Bapticostal), and I'm going to bring up God a lot because he's God. Note, as an American I'm not a Republican. I'm more Libertarian than anything. I proudly voted for Ron Paul, the first politician I think I've ever truly respected without effort.

> Since January 1, 2014 I've been giving a star rating to every film I've seen. The up-to-date record can be found here: by Title, by Stars, by Film Year, by Last Viewed.

> I bless the nation of Yisrael and the Hebrew people, and stand by them. (That doesn't really have anything to do with this site, but hey, if I'm given a public platform…)

Monday, July 28, 2014

Napoleon Dynamite (2004)

Director(s): Jared Hess
Writer(s): Jared Hess, Jerusha Hess

MPAA rating: PG
Runtime: 1h 36m

Format: Live Action
Genre: Comedy

STARRING
Jon Heder, Jon Gries, Aaron Ruell, Efren Ramirez, Tina Majorino

PREMISE
High school. We all remember it. This is a story out of the life of the coolest uncool high school dweeb-geek-dork of all time: Napoleon Dynamite.

THEMES
I'm not sure there were any deliberate themes in the film. But if there were some, they're probably that everyone eventually gets their day, everything works out in the end, and there's a woman out there for every man.

LIKES
This movie is hilarious, at least in my opinion. It's like an irresistibly horrifying train wreck with a happy ending. There are too many things I could list that were just ingeniously funny.

"I caught you a delicious bass."

Tina Majorino is super cute.

Gives me hope that someday even I might finally go on my first date, let alone get a girlfriend.

DISLIKES
Uncle Rico's meddling. It was annoying at times.

Reminding me of high school.

S-L-V CONTENT
The content here doesn't test the boundaries of PG. In other words it's relatively clean of S-L-V. The worst you're going to get is a bunch of vain uses of the Lord's name, a comic attempt for a small portion of the film to get women to buy breast-enhancing herbs, and a female character who, for a small portion of the film, is a bit sensual in her general presentation.

ROB'S FINAL OPINION

4 out of 4 stars - I loved it!

This is simply one of my all-time favorite movies. I've seen it many times, and will go one seeing it, hopefully often with people who have never seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment